Choc Almond Snack Smoothie
Delicious. Easy. Healthy. What more could you ask for? For a creamy twist on this smoothie, simply add a tablespoon of almond butter in Step 1. YUM!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I was doubtful that my fussy 8 year old would drink this if she knew what was in it, so I told her it had bananas and chocolate and to ignore the colour until she'd tried it. She loved it! The whole family did! Even my toddler enjoyed it (and I'd never given her something like this before)." - Anita
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Can be frozen
- almonds - 100g
- milk of choice - 500g (*ensure DF if required)
- ice cubes - 100g
- banana - 2, frozen, diced
- baby spinach - 80g, leaves
- blueberries - 100g, frozen
- cacao powder - 15g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp, or extract
- almond butter - 1 Tbsp, optional
- Add the almonds (100g), milk of choice (500g), ice (100g), frozen banana pieces (from 2 bananas), spinach (80g), frozen blueberries (100g), cacao (15g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) and almond butter (1 Tbsp, if using) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve.
Make your own!
*Make your own almond butter with the Almond Cashew Nut Butter recipe from The Easy Issue.