Chinese Stir Fry Meal Base
Make a yummy Chinese stir fry fresh at home by keeping some simple ingredients in the cupboard. Simply mix up this meal base and stir it through your choice of meat and vegetables. You can even mix some noodles through as well, or try serving it with rice instead. You will impress yourself with the freshness of this mix!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy to make, with a sauce that doesn’t overpower the other ingredients like store bought sauces do. It has a nice warmth to it that adds a depth of flavour." - Katie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- spring onion - 4, roughly chopped
- oyster sauce - 100g, *ensure GF if required
- soy sauce - 40g, ensure GF if required
- rice wine vinegar - 20g
- sugar - 1 Tbsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, white
- Serving suggestions:
- peanut oil - to cook the meal, *use other oil for NF
- chicken breast - to cook the meal
- onion - sliced, to cook the meal
- vegetables of choice - chopped, to cook the meal
- preferred noodles - cooked, to serve, *ensure GF / EF if required
- rice - steamed, to serve
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), chopped spring onions (4), oyster sauce (100g), soy sauce (40g), rice wine vinegar (20g), sugar (1 Tbsp) and white pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a large hot wok add some peanut oil, chicken breast and sliced onion. Cook until the chicken is sealed on all sides.
- Add chopped vegetables of choice such as carrot, sugar snap peas and broccoli. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add meal base sauce to taste. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites