Chinese Plum Pork with Steamed Greens and Rice
Make the most of your leftover roast pork and the beautiful abundance of delicious Christmas stone fruit (for the Aussies!) with this simple (yet surprisingly impressive!) main meal you can make from scratch. The plum sauce has a zingy sweetness, and has been shared with us by Bee from Tick of Yum. It makes a great addition to the steamed rice and veggies. You can easily double this recipe if you have more pork, just remember to increase the cooking times for the sauce by 20%, while adding more rice (up to 400g) and vegetables. For a quick meal, you can simultaneously use other cooking methods for the rice and vegetables.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- plums - 6, ripe, skin and flesh, deseeded (approx. 250g prepared weight)
- onion - 80g, red
- garlic clove - 1
- water - 35g
- sugar - 45g
- apple cider vinegar - 45g
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- dried coriander - 1/4 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, ground
- ginger - pinch, dried
- cayenne pepper - pinch
- roast pork - 300g, diced into bitesized pieces
- white rice - 200g
- water - 900g
- broccoli - 1 head, in florets
- zucchini - 1, sliced
- Add plum skin and flesh (250g), onion (80g), garlic clove (1) and water (35g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Program 13 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, sitting the internal steaming basket on the lid.
- When cooking time has finished, remove the steaming basket and put the measuring cap in place. Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Add sugar (45g), apple cider vinegar (45g), salt (1/4 tsp), ground coriander (1/4 tsp), ground cinnamon (1/4 tsp), dried ginger (pinch) and cayenne (pinch) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, sitting the internal steaming basket on the lid.
- When cooking time has finished, remove the internal steaming basket and put the measuring cap in place. Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Add pork (300g) and combine with the sauce. Reverse+Speed 2 / 1 second.
- Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed. Transfer pork and sauce to an insulated server.
- Without washing the bowl, add water (900g) to the bowl.
- Add rice (200g) to the internal steaming basket, give it a good rinse under running water and put the internal steaming basket in place.
- Put the lid on your mixer and put your steaming attachment in place.
- Add your broccoli florets (from 1 head) and zucchini slices (from 1 large zucchini) to the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Program 16 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once complete, serve your rice and vegetables with the plum pork.