Chilli Tuna, Rocket and Tomato Crackers
This is a quick and easy recipe that will allow you to create a flavoursome tuna topping for your favourite crackers. We love that it uses yummy fresh ingredients. The flavours in this recipe make it an easy way to get a good serve of protein in your diet!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Fresh creamy tuna with a mild chilli taste." - Heidi
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- tuna - 200g, tin, in springwater, drained
- spring onion - 2, sliced
- fresh coriander - 1 Tbsp, or parsley, chopped
- mayonnaise - 30g, (*can use EF)
- sweet chilli sauce - 50g
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- cherry tomatoes - 6, quartered
- rocket - 20g, leaves
- crackers - 4, sandwich size, (*can use GF)
- Add the drained tuna (200g tin), sliced spring onions (2), chopped coriander (1 Tbsp), mayonnaise (30g), sweet chilli sauce (50g), lemon juice (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Add the quartered cherry tomatoes (6) and rocket leaves (20g) to the bowl. Mix with your spatula to combine.
- Top each large cracker (4 total) with some of the tuna mix.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
* Make your own mayonnaise with the Cheat's Mayonnaise or Egg Free Mayonnaise recipes from The Tea Party Issue.
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers