Prawns are such a great dinner item, as you can control exactly how many you serve and they take only minutes to cook. You can have dinner on the table in a flash. You can adjust the level of heat to suit your preference. These make a delicious addition to a BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Winner! These are delicious! Would definitely make them again." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Can be frozen
- prawns - 24, green, deveined and tails intact
- rice - steamed, to serve
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- ginger - 10g, peeled
- chillies - 6, mild, deseeded and roughly chopped
- water - 50g
- soy sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required)
- honey - 30g
- Place garlic cloves (3), ginger (10g) and chillies (6) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add water (50g), soy sauce (50g) and honey (30g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed
- Place 6 prawns each (24 total) onto 4 metal skewers.
- Turn BBQ onto high.
- Brush sauce over prawns and place onto the grill. Baste throughout cooking process. Cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve over rice.