- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Chilli Pot Pies with a Corn Bread Crust
Chilli is an all time favourite in almost every family. This meat free version is topped with crispy cornbread and perfect to warm you up after a long day. You can also add in beef to make it a meaty chilli, but the vegetarian option is a great alternative. Super fast and prepared in less than 30 minutes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super quick and easy little pots of chilli topped with a yummy cornbread topping. A great winter dinner the whole family will enjoy." - Judy
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- capsicum - 1, red, large chunks
- olive oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, chopped
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- tomato paste - 50g
- vegetable stock - 25g, paste
- chilli powder - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - pinch, ground black
- Cornmeal topping:
- plain flour - 125g (*can use GF)
- polenta - 140g
- bicarb soda - 1/2 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- buttermilk - 225g
- egg - 1
- honey - 1 tsp
- butter - 50g, in small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the onion (1), garlic clove (1), red capsicum (1) and yellow capsicum (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes (400g tin), kidney beans (400g tin), tomato paste (50g), stock paste (25g), chilli powder (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (pinch). Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Pour into 6 ramekins, leaving some space at the top. Clean the bowl.
- To make the cornbread topping, place the flour (125g), polenta (140g), bicarb soda (1/2 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp), salt (pinch), buttermilk (225g), egg (1), honey (1 tsp) and butter (50g) in the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 20 seconds.
- Pour about 1cm of cornbread mixture on top of each ramekin of chilli.
- .Place the ramekins on a baking tray lined with baking paper to avoid any spillage. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites