Chilli Lime Nut Mix
This morish nut mix will give you a little zing as you wait until the clock ticks over to midnight. No sweetener has been added which makes these a great paleo-friendy trail mix that you can enjoy all year long!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 2 cups
Can be frozen
- lime - 1, zest and juice
- chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp
- salt flakes - 2 tsp, plus extra for sprinkling
- olive oil - 10g
- macadamia nuts - 50g
- pistachios - 50g, shelled
- pecans - 75g
- almonds - 200g
- pepitas - 50g
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add lime zest (1) and chilli flakes (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10. If you hear that the blades are not making contact with the contents, stop and scrape down sides.
- Add paprika (1 tsp), cayenne (1/ 4 tsp), salt flakes (2 tsp), olive oil (10g) and lime juice (1) to the bowl. Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Add macadamias (50g), pistachios (50g), pecans (75g), almonds (200g) and pepitas (50g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking tray and spread it out. Sprinkle salt across the top of it.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring the nuts every 5 minutes. Remove early or leave longer, depending on your oven. You want them to be lightly roasted and dried, without being burnt.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring the nuts and any of the flavoursome dust on the baking paper to a serving bowl or airtight container.