Chilli Lime Cauliflower ‘Steaks'
Cauliflower is all the rage in low carb circles – and here is a new idea that we think you will love. Next time you buy a head of cauliflower, cut 2 larger or 3 smaller 'steaks' from the middle of it. You will still have florets that will fall to the side that you can use in your cooking, and you can try out this new way to prepare cauliflower!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a very tasty side dish and a great way to include veggies on the BBQ plate. The flavours are rich and tasty, and this is a different and delicious way to serve cauliflower." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 8-12 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- cauliflower - 1 head, leaves and stem removed, sliced into 2-3 'steaks' with outer florets remaining
- lime - wedges, to serve
- lime - 2, peel and juice only
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- paprika - 1 Tbsp
- chilli powder - 1/2 Tbsp
- dried coriander - 1/2 tsp, ground
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- olive oil - 50g
- Add the lime peel (from 2 limes) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lime juice (from 2 limes), paprika (1 Tbsp), chilli powder (1/2 Tbsp), ground coriander (1/2 tsp), salt flakes (1 tsp), cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) and olive oil (50g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Coat the cauliflower 'steaks' (2-3, from 1 head) in the marinade.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium heat and oil it well.
- Grill the steaks for 4-6 minutes on each side with the BBQ hood closed, until tender.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side.