Chilli Lemon Steamed Beans
This flavoursome dish makes a deliciously healthy side for dinner, and then perfect when cold for lunch the next day!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is such a beautiful, fresh dish with tantilising flavours. For an extra lemon kick, drizzle the juice from the lemon over the finished dish." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Serves 6 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- lemon - 1, zest only
- fresh coriander - handful, leaves
- spring onions - 2, roughly chopped
- chilli - 1, or to your preferred heat
- chickpeas - 400g tin
- green beans - 260g, topped and tailed, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- water - 500g, hot
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- olive oil - to drizzle
- Peel the lemon (1) with a sharp peeler, getting the yellow zest without the white pith. Add to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add coriander (handful), spring onions (2) and chilli (1) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas (400g tin) using the steaming attachment lower dish before transferring to a mixing bowl with the green beans (260g) and the chilli lemon mix. Stir through well.
- Without washing the bowl, add hot water (500g).
- Transfer the bean mixture to the lower dish of the steaming attachment and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. This cooking time will allow them to be warmed and cooked slightly, while retaining a bit of crunch.
- Check that the beans are cooked to your desired level. Continue cooking if you prefer.
- Once steaming is complete, transfer to your serving dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Mix through and enjoy!