Chilli Lemon Green Olives
This is a REALLY easy way to add a delicious zingy freshness to simple green olives. If you are not a chilli lover, you can make a mild version by simply omitting the chilli. The lemony taste infuses beautifully through the oil and enhances the olives well. You can easily double or triple the amounts in this recipe to make the olives go further. They can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes 1 cup
- lemon - 1, zest only
- chilli - 1, of your preferred level of heat
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olives - 150-200g, green, pitted
- olive oil - 35g
- Peel the lemon zest from the lemon (1) and add to the bowl.
- Add your chilli (1) and garlic (1) to the bowl. If you like a bit of a kick, leave the seeds in the chilli. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add green olives (150-200g) and olive oil (35g) to the bowl.
- Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on. As soon as the 100C has been reached, reset to 60C and allow to continue. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl to an airtight container and seal. Olives may be served warm or cool.
Transport the olives in a sealed airtight container, warm or cold.