We love dips, and we especially love dips that don't require constant refrigeration. This is a great dip to make right before heading out the door for a long walk. This goes exceptionally well with our Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A nice twist to the normal hummus with a hit of chilli. So quick and easy to make, and I loved it. Very tasty." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5-10 minutes
Makes 1 cup
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chilli - 1, red, deseeded and halved, or more to taste
- capsicum - 150g, jarred, roasted strips, drained
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g tins, drained and rinsed
- tahini paste - 40g
- olive oil - 40g, good quality
- paprika - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 20g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), halved chilli (1), jarred capsicum strips (150g), rinsed chickpeas (2 x 400 tins), tahini (40g), olive oil (40g), dried paprika (1 tsp), lemon juice (20g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix on Speed 6 until smooth.
- Place into an airtight container, ready for your next hike.