Chilli Crab Cakes
So easy, yet so tasty! Why buy these from an expensive beachside café when you can make them at home with just 5 ingredients? Team these up with a fresh salad for an easy and satisfying meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Simple to make, as I already had the majority of items at home. Smelled delicious and they were yummy to eat without a condiment. Definitely will be making again." - Kirsty L.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Makes 16 crab cakes
Can be frozen
- chilli - 1, deseeded and roughly chopped
- spring onions - 4, roughly chopped
- crab meat - 500g, fresh or tinned
- eggs - 3
- corn - 400g tin, kernels, drained
- oil - of choice
- Place chilli (1) and spring onions (4) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add crab meat (500g) and eggs (3) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Add drained corn (from 400g tin) and season well with salt and pepper. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 3-4 in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with a side salad and sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
*Salt, pepper and oil are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 4 Tbsp chopped coriander and 4 Tbsp mint in Step 1.