If you are looking for a family meal with a bit of zing, put this chilli chicken on your 'to cook' list. It is full of deliciously tender chicken pieces. Serve with corn chips for a super easy meal, or steamed rice and veggies if you have a bit more time up your sleeve. Be sure to give the Chilli Chicken Quesadillas a go too! To make it on the road, simply put the correct quantities of each spice in a small container before you leave so you don’t have to carry each of the individual seasonings.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great recipe. The flavour was delicious. Great with the sour cream." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- onions - 2, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- chicken breast - 750g, cut into strips
- cumin - 3 tsp, ground
- paprika - 3 tsp
- dried coriander - 2 tsp, ground
- cayenne pepper - 1/2-1 tsp (to taste)
- chilli flakes - 1/2-1 tsp (to taste)
- salt flakes - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black, ground
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, chopped
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- tortillas - wraps, or corn chips, to serve (*use GF if required)
- sour cream - to serve (*use DF if required)
- lime - in quarters, to serve
- Place the onions (2) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the chicken strips (750g), cumin (3 tsp), paprika (3 tsp), coriander (2 tsp), cayenne (1/2-1 tsp), chilli flakes (1/2-1 tsp), salt (2 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp), tinned tomatoes (800g) and kidney beans (400g tin). Combine well with the spatula first so that all meat is covered in sauce. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Serve with tortilla wraps, corn chips, sour cream and lime.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.