Chickpea, Rocket and Feta Pasta Salad
Just like the previous recipe, this pasta salad is a great side or is just as good as a standalone meal. Make it the night before and simply serve when guestsarrive. By making it ahead of time, you allow the flavours to develop and youhave a fuss free morning before guests arrive. You can serve this dish warm or cold.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a very tasty pasta salad, with the rocket and balsamic giving great flavours. Great to make ahead of time and a perfect salad for lunch by itself or as a side." - Lesley
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes + chilling time
Cooking Time 7-10 minutes
Serves 8 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- pasta - 300g, bow tie (*can use GF)
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g, tins, drained and rinsed well
- cucumber - 1, Lebanese, halved, deseeded and diced
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Rocket - 60g
- fresh thyme - 2 Tbsp, leaves only
- garlic clove - 1, small, peeled
- capers - 30g
- balsamic vinegar - 30g
- olive oil - 50g
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cook pasta (300g) according to packet directions. Drain once cooked.
- Add olive oil (1 Tbsp) to the pasta and mix to combine. Allow to cool.
- Once the pasta is cooled, add it to a large bowl, along with the chickpeas (2 x 400g tins), cucumber (1), feta cheese (100g), parsley (2 Tbsp) androcket (60g).
- Add the thyme (2 Tbsp), garlic clove (1), capers (30g), vinegar (30g), oil (50g) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix to combine. Season with salt if needed.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for several hours to allow the flavours to develop.
- Serve cold.