Chickpea Chorizo Stew
This warming stew has been shared with us by Alice Alexandra (alycealexandra.com) and is from the winter section of her cookbook Quick Fix: Every Occasion. It is one of the most delicious way to enjoy chickpeas and chorizo on cooler days.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A nice and easy stew with beautiful Mediterranean colours and flavours." - Heidi
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- chilli - 1, small, optional
- chorizo sausages - 2, sliced (*ensure GF if required)
- olive oil - 20g
- celery - 3, stalks, thinly sliced
- capsicum - 1, red, thinly sliced
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- harissa paste - 2 tsp, or harissa powder if you do not have the paste
- chicken stock - 25g
- tomato paste - 25g
- salt - to taste
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained
- baby spinach - 50g
- fresh parsley - handful, flat leaf, leaves only
- bread - sourdough, to serve* (*can use GF)
- Place the halved onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (4) and chilli (1, if using) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add the sliced chorizo sausages (2) and olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the sliced celery (3 stalks), sliced capsicum (1), diced tomatoes (800g tin), harissa paste (2 tsp), stock concentrate (25g), tomato paste (25g) and salt to the bowl. Program 17 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Add the drained chickpeas (400g tin), spinach (50g) and parsley leaves (handful) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Serve with sourdough bread.
Make your own!
*Make your own sourdough bread with the Cheat's Sourdough Bread recipe from The Breakfast Issue or the Sourdough Bread recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.