Delicious treats... made with chickpeas? Uhhhh... not feeling so sure about this one? Give them a shot! The chickpeas give a yummy fudgey texture, and for those of you looking for a grainfree sweet option - this is a great one. Without chocolate, it's also a nice vegan sweet.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very tasty! Would make again for others as it's a good alternative to brownies - not so rich or sickly sweet. Couldn't even taste the chickpeas, which is a plus!" -Erika
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- chickpeas - 400g, tinned, drained and rinsed
- peanut butter - 130g, or almond butter
- maple syrup - 100g
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp, plus extra for sprinkling
- baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- bicarb soda - 1/4 tsp
- chocolate chips - 50g, optional (*omit for DF)
- Preheat oven to 170C and line your slice tin or muffin tin with baking paper.
- Add chickpeas (from 400g tin), peanut butter (130g), maple syrup (100g), vanilla (2 tsp), salt flakes (1/2 tsp), baking powder (1/4 tsp) and bicarb soda (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Add choc chips (50g, or more to taste) and combine. Reverse+Speed 4 / 20 seconds
- Transfer mixture to the prepared tin and sprinkle with a few salt flakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool completely and remove from the tray. If you have used a slice tin, cut into squares.