Chickpea and Silverbeet Casserole
This healthy casserole is not only packed with flavour, but really simple to prepare as well. Yummy for dinner, and then delicious served on toast for breakfast the next day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A healthy vegetarian dish that is easy to prepare, and so yummy too! A new favourite!" - Patricia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- onion - 2, medium, peeled and quartered
- oil - 15g
- dried oregano - 2 tsp
- cloves - 1/4 tsp
- cumin - 3 tsp, ground
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, whole
- tomato paste - 50g
- vegetable stock - 235g, liquid
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- silverbeet - 1 bunch, shredded leaves only
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- fresh parsley - chopped, to garnish
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (3) and peeled and quartered onions (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (15g), dried oregano (2 tsp), cloves (1/4 tsp), ground cumin (3 tsp) and cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the whole tomatoes (400g tin), tomato paste (50g), liquid stock (235g), rinsed chickpeas (400g tin), salt and pepper to the bowl. Program 13 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Add the shredded silverbeet leaves (1 bunch) and lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula to combine and leave to sit for a few minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.