Chickpea and Peanut Butter Patties
This recipe has been shared with us by Terri McGill.
"These was one of my childhood favourite patties. We used to have them with cauliflower cheese, roast veg, peas and corn. All covered in gravy. The original recipe used tinned soy beans, but they aren't always easy to find these days so I decided to try chickpeas. They aren't exactly the same but still good. The memories these patties bring back! Oh, and everything tastes better with peanut butter, right???" - Terri
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Beautiful and tasty golden nuggets which were surprisingly tasty. A perfect way to use up that small amount of leftover cooked rice in the fridge." - Monika
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained
- rice - 120g, cooked
- egg - 1
- butter - 20g
- salt - pinch
- peanut butter - 130g
- breadcrumbs - for coating (*can use GF)
- oil - for frying
- If you need to make your own breadcrumbs, add day-old bread to the bowl and blitz Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the chickpeas (400g tin) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice (120g), egg (1), butter (20g), salt (pinch) and peanut butter (130g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Using a tablespoon and wet hands, form the mixture into patties and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Fry until nicely browned.
- Serve with sides of choice.