Chicken Veggie Nuggets
These little nuggets are perfect for little hands. Simple ingredients. Easy preparation. They have purposefully been left without salt. You may wish to add salt if you are serving to adults, OR serve with a sauce. Don't forget that there is a really yummy tomato sauce recipe free to all subscribers in the Make Your Own bonus issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick and easy prep. A great afternoon tea for our two little ones, will be making some of these for our freezer as quick meals!" - Julie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 15 nuggets
Can be frozen
- carrot - 1, roughly chopped
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- chicken mince - 500g
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place carrot (1), spring onion (1) and parsley (2 Tbsp) into bowl. Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat.
- Add mince (500g) and garlic (1/2 tsp) to bowl. Speed 5 / 6 seconds. If you want to make your own mince from chicken breast, mince Speed 8 / 10 seconds. This end product will be more wet.
- Pour mixture out onto a plate.
- Shape mixture into 15 small nugget shapes. This will be a slightly wet mixture. This is to keep the nuggets from drying out.
- Place nuggets onto the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn nuggets over and cook for another 10 minutes or until cooked through. Check that your chicken is cooked through before serving.