These homemade chicken strips make for a great snack, a delicious dinner or even a great lunchbox filler in wraps or the like. These are even better than store bought! Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were yum!" - Tracey
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- oil - for greasing
- eggs - 3
- milk - 50g
- chicken breasts - 1.5kg, cut up into small strips
- bread - 5 slices, day-old (*can use GF)
- Parmesan cheese - 50g
- fresh parsley - 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly grease the tray with a little oil.
- Add bread (5 slices), Parmesan cheese (50g) and parsley (2 Tbsp). Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- In another small bowl, add eggs (3) and milk (50g). Whisk well.
- Place chicken (1.5kg) into the egg mixture with one hand, then move into the breadcrumb bowl and coat with the other hand.
- Place strips onto the tray and brush with a little oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with salad or inside our pita pockets! These will keep for up to two days in the fridge.
- You can freeze the strips before cooking, after completing Step 4. Freeze on a baking tray for 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Cook from frozen in a 200C oven for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- You can also freeze the strips after cooking. Freeze on a baking tray for 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Remove from the freezer as required, thaw and reheat in an 180C oven until heated through or pop in the microwave.