- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Chicken, Spinach & Feta Sausage Rolls
What a delicious twist on the humble sausage roll. When you serve these your guests will be impressed... but in reality they are so easy to whip up. They will become a new favourite for easy weeknight dinners or party treats!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I have NEVER made sausage rolls before because they intimidated me, but I was shocked at how easy these were. I also love that they are healthier than traditional sausage rolls and have spinach in them. They turned out beautifully. These will be a new go to when I am time and budget pressed, and need to make something for my kids' lunches or a party." - Allison
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 16 medium sized rolls
Can be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- chicken mince - 500g
- baby spinach - 20g, leaves
- feta cheese - 100g
- pepper - pinch, freshly cracked
- puff pastry - 3 sheets, thawed
- egg - 1, beaten (*can omit or replace with milk for EF)
- sesame seeds - for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place garlic clove (1) and onion (1) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add chicken (500g), spinach (20g), feta (100g) and pepper (pinch). Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Layer the chicken mixture on the puff pastry (3 sheets). You will get two long rolls out of each sheet of pastry and cut into a total of 18 rolls.
- Brush rolls lightly with beaten egg (1) and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.