Chicken Salad and Lettuce Wraps
This is an easy sandwich filler that is great to have on hand for quick lunches. Serve in wraps, rolls or lettuce leaves for a low carb option.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This delicious, flavoursome and versatile salad could also be served in lettuce cups, a salad bowl or a sandwich, making it an easy substitute for low carb eaters. It is quick and easy to make, and it's very transportable for lunchboxes and picnics." - Sharree
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 6 wraps
Chicken filling can be frozen
- wraps - 6 (*can use GF)
- Chicken salad:
- apple - 1/2, red
- roast chicken - 400g, meat, in chunks
- mayonnaise - 100g, whole egg, (*can use EF)
- lemon juice - 20g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked
- celery - 1, stalk, finely diced
- capsicum - 1/2, green, finely diced
- spring onion - 1, sliced
- Place the apple (1/2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the roast chicken chunks (400g), mayonnaise (100g), lemon juice (20g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Add the diced celery stalk (1), diced capsicum (1/2) and sliced spring onion (1) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 3 seconds. If not completely combined, mix with a spatula to combine well.
- Spread the mixture over each wrap (6 total) and top with lettuce leaves.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox