Chicken Pesto Risotto
Chicken and pesto ANYTHING is a winner in our book, and this risotto is no exception. A hearty dinner on the table in 40 minutes? Yes please. Serve with delicious crusty bread for a comforting meal on a cold night.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I have always loved making risotto in my mixer, and this recipe is now my new favourite! It is the perfect meal to have on a cold night, and there was even some left for lunch the following day." -Anita
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 60g, or nuts of choice
- fresh basil - 1/2, bunch leaves only
- olive oil - 50g
- Parmesan cheese - 90g, or hard cheese of choice
- balsamic vinegar - 10g
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- chicken thigh - 400g, diced
- Arborio rice - 350g
- chicken stock - 60g, or vegetable stock, paste
- water - 940g
- Place the cashews (60g), basil (1/2 bunch), oil (50g), Parmesan cheese (90g) and balsamic vinegar (10g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Remove and set aside. There is no need to wash out the bowl.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the chicken (400g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Insert the whisk attachment.
- Add rice (350g) to bowl. Program 1:30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the stock paste (60g) and water (940g) to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add pesto to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if required.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon risotto into a bowl. Garnish with basil leaves.