How fabulous to be able to make your own lunch meat! The very clever Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers shared this recipe with us for our dairy free packed lunch. Perfect when served with salad, steamed vegetables, on crackers or even on a sandwich. A million miles better than the rolls of processed meat you can buy!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Homemade deli meat without the nasties! Great for kids' sandwiches, on a platter or just a sneaky piece out of the fridge!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes + 2 hours cooling time
Makes 1 roll of chicken loaf
Can be frozen
- chicken breast - 500g, cubed
- olive oil - 10g
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- maple syrup - 1 tsp, optional
- water - 1L
- Add the chicken (500g), oil (10g), garlic powder (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and maple syrup (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1:30 minutes / Speed 5, measuring cap on.
- Scrape the mixture out onto a piece of clingfilm. Twist the ends and roll tightly into a log, squeezing as much air out as possible.
- Wrap securely with a second piece of clingfilm.
- Wash the bowl and add water (1L). Place your chicken roll on the steaming attachment lower dish, then set the steaming attachment in place. Program 35 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Internal temperature should reach 74C for doneness.
- Allow the roll to rest for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Unwrap and slice as needed.