Chicken Liver Rice
Before you keep flicking through the magazine at the thought of chicken livers… stop a moment! This recipe is a family favourite of Maria from Feisty Tapas.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Serves 2-3 as a main, more as a tapas plate
Best served fresh
- onion - 1, quartered
- carrot - 1 medium, chopped into chunks
- garlic clove - 1
- zucchini - 1 small, chopped into chunks
- capsicum - 1, flesh only, in quarters
- olive oil - 20g
- chicken livers - 400g, washed and trimmed of any white/yellowy bits as best as possible, don't chop them, leave them as big and whole as possible
- white wine - 50g
- arborio rice - 130g (200g if cooking for 3 people)
- chicken stock - 500g, hot, liquid, 600g if cooking for 3 main serves
- pepper - cracked, black, to taste
- salt - to taste
- Add onion (1), carrot (1) and garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add zucchini (1) and capsicum (1) to the bowl. Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add the chicken livers (400g) and white wine (50g). Program 3 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add desired amount of rice (130-200g). Program 2 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add proportional amount of chicken stock (500-600g) + a few twists of cracked black pepper and salt. Program 18 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.