Chicken, Lemon & Pea Risotto
This risotto has been shared with us by Fiona from Food 4 Thought. It is a great mid-week meal. Quick and delicious. You can use the recipe as a base and switch the ingredients to incorporate your favourite flavours.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "After a hectic day out and about and kids having late naps we made this dinner starting it at 5.30pm and were eating by about 6.10pm! This easy dinner was wonderful and could be made by staple ingredients in my fridge and freezer" - Julie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes plus resting
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, cubed (*can omit if required)
- fresh parsley - 5g, leaves and stem
- onion - 1, brown, quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- chicken breasts - 1-2, large, skinless, (approx. 300-500 g), cut into 2cm pieces, **option: brown your chicken breast pieces on the stove and add in at Step 9
- white wine - 100g
- arborio rice - 350g, (or short grain) rice
- chicken stock - 500g, low salt (gluten-free if preferred)
- water - 500g, (*alternatively, add 2-3 Tbsp vege stock paste with 1L water)
- peas - 200g, frozen
- lemon juice - 1-2 Tbsp
- Add Parmesan (50g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Add parsley (5g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Add onion (1) and garlic (1 clove) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add oil (20g) and program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add chicken pieces (300g) to the bowl after the onions have cooked. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the whisk attachment.
- Add wine (100g) and program 1:30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add rice (350g) and program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add stock & water (up to 1L). Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. **Add browned chicken breast pieces if you cooked them on the stove.
- Add peas (200g) and chopped parsley. Use the spatula to push them into the rice mixture. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Once cooking has finished, pour the risotto into a serving bowl. Stir through the Parmesan, parsley and lemon juice (1-2 Tbsp), then check for seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning as you like, cover and let stand for at least 5 minutes before serving.