Chicken Fried Rice
This is one of our most favourite family sized meals. It feeds many and tastes sooooo good.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- spring onions - 5, chopped
- ginger - 10g
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- coconut sugar - 2 tsp, optional
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- kecap manis - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 70g (*ensure GF if required)
- chicken breasts - 500g
- white rice - 400g, of choice (jasmine or basmati work well)
- water - 800g, warm
- vegetables of choice - tested with broccoli, carrot, snow peas, peas and corn
- Process spring onions (4 only), ginger (10g) and garlic cloves (3) on Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat: Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Add palm sugar (2 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp), kecap manis (60g) and oyster sauce (70g). Blitz on Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Chop chicken (500g) into quarters and prick each piece with a fork several times to allow flavour to penetrate it, then add it to the bowl. Blitz on Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds or until just coated.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or all day if you have time.
- When ready to cook, place chicken in the steaming attachment lower dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Do not rinse the bowl out, as any leftover sauce will add flavour to the rice.
- Weigh rice into internal steaming basket (400g). Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Insert internal steaming basket into bowl and pour the water (800g) over the top. Attach lid.
- Place steaming attachment lower dish and lid into place.
- Cook 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile chop all your veggies to desired size. Place in the steaming attachment upper tray and set in place in the last 10 minutes.
- When finished, remove the steaming attachment and remove the rice from the internal steaming basket.
- Pour any remaining liquid into a jug and pop the cooked chicken into the bowl. Blitz on Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Place the steaming attachment lower dish on the lid and pour rice, veggies and shredded chicken into it. Mix to combine.
- To serve, top with additional sliced shallots and pour over the remaining liquid if desired.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites