Chicken, Cheese and Mayonnaise Toasted Sandwiches
5 ingredients are all you need to create this delicious warming snack on a cold day. This has quickly become a favourite. Have more ingredients to spare? Sliced tomato and an avocado are great additions.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Almost no prep or clean up makes this great for a quick and lazy dinner. Was definitely a hit!" - Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 6 minutes
Cooking Time 16 minutes
Can be frozen once cooked
- cheese - 100g, grated
- water - 600g, hot tap
- chicken breast - 300g, diced
- mayonnaise - 50g (*can use EF; make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from this issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- pepper - to taste
- bread - 8 slices, sourdough (*can use GF bread; or make your own with the Sourdough Bread recipe from this issue)
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds.
- Add hot tap water (600g) to the bowl.
- Place the chicken (300g) into the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Program 16 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Remove the internal steaming basket and drain water from bowl.
- Place chicken into the bowl with grated cheese (100g), mayonnaise (50g), mustard (1 tsp) and season well with salt and pepper. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds.
- Lay four pieces of bread on a chopping board, spread chicken mixture over the bread and top with four more pieces of bread to create the sandwiches.
- Transfer the sandwiches to an oiled toasted sandwich maker and grill until the cheese melts.
*Water, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 1 Tbsp dried tarragon leaves in Step 5 for a flavour boost.
- For added crunch, add 2 finely diced celery stalks and 40g toasted slivered almonds in Step 5.
- Consider spreading the outer slices of bread with butter to get a nice golden brown colour.