Chicken Cacciatore with Velvety Cauliflower Puree
This delicious dinner is a guest post from the talented Daniela and Michelle from Thermo-Foodie and The Chef. They are all about LCHF, and we are all about finding delicious ways to use your Thermomix, so this recipe really is a match made in heaven. We talked about this recipe when we interviewed the girls in Episode 130 of the podcast.
It is so incredibly quick and oh so tasty.
We made this Thermomix Chicken Cacciatore with Velvety Cauliflower Puree one particularly busy week and it was so fast, so delicious and it made so much! Polly (our 2 year old) absolutely loved it, and we did too! This recipe is an absolute winner and is sure to be a crowd pleaser for the whole family.
Looking for more yummy LCHF dinners? The girls have a whole book of them! You can find it here.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 45 minutes
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and halved, approx 120g
- olive oil - 20g
- zucchini - 300g, roughly chopped
- dried Italian herbs - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground, black
- vegetable stock - 50g, paste
- tomato paste - 140g
- chicken thigh - 700g, diced into 3cm cubes
- capsicum - 100g, red, diced into 2cm squares
- olives - 150g, black, sliced
- mushrooms - 100g, button, sliced
- Cauliflower puree:
- cauliflower - 800g, broken into florets
- water - 20g
- butter - 200g, salted, cubed
- Optional garnish:
- Parmesan cheese - shaved
- pepper - freshly ground, black
- fresh basil
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and peeled and halved onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add the chopped zucchini (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Add dried Italian herbs (2 tsp), stock paste (50g), pepper (1/4 tsp), tomato paste (140g), cubed chicken (700g), diced capsicum (100g) and sliced olives (150g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on. It is correct that there is no liquid added.
- Add the sliced mushrooms (100g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Carefully remove sauce from the mixer and set aside to keep warm.
- Without washing the mixer add the cauliflower florets (800g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on. Check all of the cauliflower has broken up finely.
- Add water (20g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add the cubed butter (200g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Serve chicken cacciatore with cauliflower puree, and top with optional garnish.