Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
This family friendly dinner is super delicious and creamy. It tastes best when served immediately after cooking so that you can enjoy the creamy sauce, but you can also freeze any leftovers for a rainy day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Oh my goodness! What a quick and scrumptious recipe! It was a hit with the whole family. The sauce is delicious and creamy without being too heavy. Leftovers, if you have any, could be frozen for quick and easy lunches."
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 60g, cubed
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- water - 500g
- cream - 100g, pure
- milk - 110g
- vegetable stock - 1, cube
- salt - pinch
- nutmeg - pinch
- pepper - pinch, black
- pasta - 250g
- broccoli - 150g, cut into small pieces
- chicken breast - 300g, cut into 3cm pieces
- Place the cheese (60g) in the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Transfer into a small bowl until later.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 4 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the water (500g), cream (100g), milk (110g), stock cube (1), salt (pinch), nutmeg (pinch) and pepper (pinch). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the pasta (250g), broccoli (150g) and chicken (300g). Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed Stir. Test whether the pasta is cooked after 10 minutes, if not return to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the cheese. Program 1 minute / Reverse+Speed 1. Help with your spatula through the lid to incorporate the cheese. Serve immediately.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.