Chicken Breast with Carrot and Zucchini Pasta
This protein-packed steamed chicken breast is accompanied by colourful zucchini and carrot pasta to make it the perfect meal for the kids. You can mix up the leftovers into a salad the next day as the perfect lunchbox treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great healthy recipe that was easy to make for the whole family." - Sally
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- zucchini - 1
- carrots - 2
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- oil - 20g
- chicken breasts - 2
- pepper - 1 tsp, black
- salt - 1 tsp
- water - 400g
- crème fraîche - 75g
- mustard - 10g
- fresh parsley - 5g
- egg - 1, yolk only
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini (1) and carrots (2) into thin strips like pasta. Stop before you reach the core and place the pasta strips into the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Add the remaining zucchini and carrots to the bowl in small chunks.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic clove (1). Chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Chop the chicken breasts (2) into thin long strips and place on the upper tray of the steaming attachment. Season with black pepper (1/2 tsp only) and salt (1/2 tsp only).
- Add the water (400g) to the bowl and set the steaming attachment in place. Steam 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Remove the steaming attachment and set aside.
- Pour all the liquid from the bowl into a small jug and transfer 150g back to the bowl. Add the crème fraîche (75g), mustard (10g), salt (1/2 tsp), black pepper (1/2 tsp), fresh parsley (5g) and egg yolk (1) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Sprinkle the sauce with some chilli flakes (1/2 tsp) and serve immediately with the chicken and vegetable pasta.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites