Chicken and Vegetable Soup
On a cold, rainy day, there is nothing better than chicken and vegetable soup. It is packed with delicious ingredients and you can freeze it and reheat whenever you really need it.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Simple, quick, wholesome and tasty. Loved this soup and will be having it for lunch the next few days at work." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- carrots - 2, chopped in thick slices
- celery - 2, in sticks, chopped in thick slices
- leek - 1, chopped in thick slices
- potatoes - 3, hopped in thick slices
- peas - 50g, frozen
- water - 1L
- chicken stock - 2 or 2-3 Tbsp, cubes or homemade stock paste
- fresh thyme - 2, sprigs
- chicken drumsticks - 4
- fresh parsley - 5g
- Add the carrots (2), celery sticks (2), leek (1), potatoes (3), peas (50g), water (1L), stock cubes (2) and thyme (2 sprigs) to the bowl. Close the lid.
- Place the chicken drumsticks (4) in the lower dish of the steaming attachment and set it in place. Program 40 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a chopping board and remove the skin. Cut large chunks off the bone and place back in the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 1 / 10 seconds.
- Serve immediately with a few leaves of fresh parsley (5g).