Chicken and Corn Slice
This is a quick, easy and tasty lunchbox option without all the fuss. Just like the other fabulous slice recipes in this section, it also makes for a great dinner and is perfect to freeze!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Very kid friendly – a nice change for lunchboxes." - Nerine
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Makes 12 slices
Can be frozen
- spring onions - 4, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/4, small bunch
- cheddar cheese - 100g, grated
- eggs - 4
- sour cream - 80g
- plain flour - 80g, (*can use GF)
- leftover Roast Chicken - 350g, shredded
- corn - 200g, tin, kernels
- salt - 1 tsp, optional
- pepper - 1/4, black, ground, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the chopped spring onions (4) and parsley (1/4 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add the cheddar cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds.
- To the grated cheese (100g), add the eggs (4), sour cream (80g) and plain flour (80g). Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Add the shredded chicken (350g) and corn kernels (200g tin) to the bowl. You may wish to add some salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) as well. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5-10 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.