- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Chicken and Corn Fritters
These fritters are great to make up in a big batch and freeze so that they are ready to be popped into a lunchbox to thaw in time for lunch on those super busy mornings! It's brought to you by the talented Amy Smith from Cooks in Your Kitchen.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is one of those recipes where you can add the meat or leave it out for a great vegetarian option. The combination of the spices gives the fritters a warmth not found in 'plain' corn fritters." - Gail
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 15-20 fritters, depending on size
Can be frozen
- zucchini - 1, roughly chopped, weighing approx. 200g
- self raising flour - 240g (*can use GF)
- milk of choice - 240g (*ensure DF if required)
- egg - 1
- turmeric - 1 heaped tsp, ground
- sumac - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp, sweet
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- corn - 310g tin, drained, or approx. 250g fresh cooked corn
- cooked meat - 250g, chicken, roughly chopped into small pieces (or other cooked meats such as roast lamb / beef)
- Place zucchini (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Set aside.
- Place self raising flour (240g), milk (250g), egg (1), turmeric (1 heaped tsp), sumac (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), salt and pepper into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 30 seconds. Mixture should have a thick pancake batter consistency. Add additional milk / flour if required.
- Add chopped zucchini, corn (310g tin) and chicken (250g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds or until well combined.
- Heat a lightly greased nonstick frying pan.
- Pour mixture to form small circle shapes until you have filled the pan.
- Cook fritters for approx. 3 minutes or until large bubbles have formed on the surface and the fritter is golden brown underneath.
- Flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm by placing into an insulated server or lidded baking dish lined with some paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with some sour cream, sweet chilli sauce, tomato sauce, chutney or salad... or just enjoy them on their own!
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites