Chicken and Bacon Casserole
Chicken and bacon are the perfect match. Add some tomatoes and vegetables, and you have a warming, comforting casserole in no time at all. Want to give this casserole an extra kick? Add some chilli in with the leek!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Casseroles are easy and a great way to sneak in veggies for the kids. The chicken and bacon combination is a nice change to the standard beef." -Christina
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 31 minutes
Can be frozen
- leeks - 2, outer leaves removed, washed and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- bacon - 5 slices, short cut, roughly chopped
- paprika - 1 tsp
- oil - 30g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- vegetable stock - 20g, paste
- dried Italian herbs - 1.5 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 20g (*ensure GF if required)
- chicken breast - 500g, or thigh, diced
- carrots - 2, peeled and diced
- potatoes - 3, peeled and diced
- peas - 100g, frozen
- Place leeks (2), garlic cloves (2) and bacon (5 slices) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add paprika (1 tsp) and oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Add the tinned tomatoes (800g), stock paste (20g), herbs (1.5 tsp) and Worcestershire sauce (20g) to the bowl.
- Add the chicken (500g) to the steaming attachment upper tray. Add carrots (2), potatoes (3) and peas (100g) to the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl and pour sauce over the top.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine