Chicken and Avocado Salad Sandwiches
This is a fantastic way to give some leftover roast chicken a bit more pizzazz. Use your favourite kind of bread or roll, or go for a really low carb option by putting the mixture into lettuce cups. If you are preparing sandwiches for a group or have more leftover roast chicken on hand, you can easily double this recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a really easy and delicious recipe. Very versatile, and I will be making it again and again!" - Tammy
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- rocket - 20g, leaves
- bread - 4 slices, (*can use GF)
- Chicken and avocado salad:
- roast chicken - 300g, leftover, cooked
- avocado - 1, large, ripe, flesh only
- lemon juice - squeeze
- fresh basil - 20 leaves, shredded
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Add the roast chicken (300g), avocado flesh (from 1 avocado), lemon juice (squeeze), shredded basil leaves (20), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Place the rocket leaves (20g) on some bread slices (2 only).
- Top with the chicken and avocado salad, then top with the remaining slices of bread (2).
- Serve immediately.