Chicken and Apple Lettuce Wraps
Looking for a lower carb lunch? This is a great option. The chicken and apple mixture is full of flavour, and when served in a crunchy lettuce leaf it really cuts down on the carbs. A great option to leave you feeling fresh and fabulous!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Filling was very easy to make and tasted great." - Vicki
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- lettuce - 4, large leaves
- apple - 1, cored and quartered
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- cooked meat - 300g, chicken, leftover
- almonds - 50g, toasted, slivered
- mayonnaise - 100g, (*can use EF)
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- dried tarragon - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- Add the quartered apple (1) and chopped spring onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cooked chicken (300g), toasted slivered almonds (50g), mayonnaise (100g), Dijon mustard (1 tsp), lemon juice (1 tsp), dried tarragon (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves (4).
- Roll up and serve immediately.
Make your own!
* Make your own mayonnaise with the Cheat's Mayonnaise or Egg Free Mayonnaise recipes from The Tea Party Issue.