Chewy Ginger Cookies
A delicious chewy biscuit for those wanting something a little healthier than the usual gluten and sugar laden biscuits. We love these stacked in a tower of 6-8 biscuits, wrapped in cellophane and tied with some festive coloured ribbon!
Reader Tester Feedback: "A lovely ginger cookie. Soft and squishy the way I like it!" - Erika
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 30 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 12-15 minutes
Can be frozen
- almond flour - 300g
- coconut flour - 2 Tbsp
- ginger - 4 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1 tsp, ground
- baking powder - 1 tsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- honey - 100g
- butter - 100g, cubed and softened
- egg - 1
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the almond flour (300g), coconut flour (2 Tbsp), ground ginger (4 tsp), ground cinnamon (1 tsp), ground nutmeg (1 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp), honey (100g), softened cubed butter (100g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 7 until combined.
- Spoon the mixture out onto a plate. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes so the mixture is easier to work with.
- Roll 25 balls from the dough and place onto the baking trays, leaving room between each. Slightly flatten each ball with your palm.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they start to turn golden. Allow biscuits to cool completely on the tray.