Chewy Banana Breakfast Bars
These bars are so incredibly easy and can be made with ingredients you likely have in your house at this very minute. They don't have any egg in them, which gives them a different texture to a standard breakfast bar. A great option for an egg-free breakfast on the run.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A handy quick brekkie bar to have frozen for those crazy mornings." - Renee
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Can be frozen
- bananas - 2, large ripe, peeled and halved
- nutmeg - 1 tsp, ground
- honey - 100g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- oats - 200g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Add the bananas (2), nutmeg (1 tsp), honey (100g) and vanilla (2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oats (200g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds, or until combined.
- Move the mixture into the slice tray and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and firm.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 bars with a serrated knife.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 60g choc chips over the top and press into the slice in Step 4.