Cherry Tomato Chorizo Omelette
This is a great breakfast to create when you are away from home since the ingredients travel so well. Pack a punnet of cherry tomatoes, a red onion, some garlic and some vacuum-packed chorizo – so delicious. Use any leftover chorizo to make a pre-dinner snack of Sticky Spanish Chorizo from The Best of the Blogs Subscriber Only Bonus Issue. You will be glad you did!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A comforting and healthy breakfast or brunch idea that would be easily adaptable to personal tastes. It would also be delicious with a serving of fresh sourdough. Ideal for cooking on the road." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1, red, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 30g
- chorizo sausages - 30g, in small pieces
- cherry tomatoes - 100g, whole
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black, ground
- eggs - 4
- water - 400g, hot
- Line the upper tray of your steaming attachment with wet scrunched baking paper.
- Place the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (30g) and chorizo (30g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes (100g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp). Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Crack in the eggs (4). Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Pour the mixture into the prepared steaming attachment.
- Wash the bowl and fill with the hot water (400g). Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove the omelette from the steaming attachment, peel off the baking paper and cut into slices. Serve while hot.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.