Making your own jam takes very little skill but is so impressive. This cherry jam is fantastic to whip up for a summer tea party when cherries are in season.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 2 small jars
Can be frozen
- Place cherries (850g), sugar (600g) and quartered apple (2 large) into bowl.
- Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent splatters.
- Scrape down sides. Cook again for 15 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent splatters.
- Test your jam by placing a little on a spoon. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. If it is thick it is ready, keeping in mind it thickens slightly more upon completely cooling. If it is still quite runny cook 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2. Test your jam again.
- Place into sterilised jar and seal for pantry storage. Will last two to three weeks in the fridge without vacuum sealing.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.