Round off this dinner party for two with an epic dessert shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. This is a classic French dessert that can be prepared quickly. The texture of this delicious skillet cake resembles an American pancake. It is made with almonds and cherries, and it's gluten free as well!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe was really simple to make and even simpler to eat – it disappeared in the blink of an eye! Serve with any cream you have left over or as is, warm out the oven... the ideal winter comfort food!" - Claire
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 33 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
deep ovenproof dish
- sour cherries - 680g jar, drained and rinsed
- caster sugar - 65g
- almonds - 25g
- butter - 20g
- eggs - 2
- cream - 125g, pure
- salt - pinch
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the rinsed sour cherries (680g) into a deep ovenproof dish such as a cast iron skillet, roughly 22cm.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (65g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (65g), add the almonds (25g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 0.5.
- Add the almond mixture, eggs (2), pure cream (125g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 30 seconds.
- Pour this mixture over the cherries and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.