Bianca from Wholefood Simply has kindly shared her delectable little Cherry Bites with us, as a healthy treat for the end of the meal. It's good to note that goji berries have quite a strong flavour, so if you haven't tried them before you may want to add them slowly to make sure that their flavour profile isn't too overpowering for you. If you are an avid goji berry lover - add them to your heart's content!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very simple and super quick healthy snack. I recommend adding the chocolate layer!" - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Setting Time 1 hour
Makes 8-10 balls
Can be frozen
- cherries - 80g, frozen is fine, if using fresh be sure to remove the seed
- cherries - 1/3 cup dried, (or goji berries, but you may need to reduce the content)
- dates - 2, medjool, seeds removed
- cashew nuts - 85g, raw
- desiccated coconut - 60g
- salt - pinch
- desiccated coconut - (50-100g), or dark chocolate for coating, optional
- Place all ingredients into bowl. Speed 9 / 40 seconds until the mixture has broken down and is resembling a fine, sticky crumb. The longer you process the mixture the more sticky it will become.
- Transfer mixture into another bowl with the spatula. This will help prevent possible injuries to your fingers from the blades
- Press and roll the mixture into balls.
- To add some delicious decadence, coat the balls in melted chocolate and chill in the fridge.
- To melt chocolate: add to bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 7 seconds. Program 4 minutes / 50C / Speed 2-3.
- Pour melted chocolate into a shallow dish and roll balls in it before setting on a lined baking tray and putting in the fridge.