Cheesy Pea and Ham Alfredo
This is a very versatile, tasty and easy dish to make! The flavours work together perfectly, and the recipe allows you to swap out ingredients to suit your household. Here's a yummy example: if you don’t like peas and ham, you can follow the same recipe and use chicken and asparagus. Delish!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An absolute winner that will be cooked again in this household!" - Tammy
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 100g, cubed
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 20g
- water - 300g
- cream - 200g, pure
- milk - 200g
- nutmeg - pinch
- mustard powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- pasta - 250g, small spiral, (*can use GF)
- peas - 150g, frozen
- ham - 200g, cubed small
- Place the cubed cheddar cheese (100g) in the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the halved onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the water (300g), pure cream (200g), milk (200g), nutmeg (pinch), mustard powder (1/2 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the pasta (250g) and frozen peas (150g) to the bowl. Program 10-12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed Stir. Test whether the pasta is cooked after 10 minutes; if not, return to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed ham (200g), cream cheese (100g) and grated cheddar (100g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Reverse+Speed 1. Use your spatula to help if required.
- Place into warmed insulated food flask and into the school bag for the day.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine