- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Serving: Serves 04-06
Cheesy Leek and Broccoli Open Tart
A delicious rustic tart that can be on the table in just under 45 minutes. This is a great recipe to make in several batches and freeze for easy dinners during the week.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A quick and easy meal to cook for the family – just add a garden salad. Perfect for this time of year!" - Debbie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 27 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- leek - 2, roughly sliced, white part only
- broccoli - 500g, fresh, florets
- oil - 30g
- creme fraiche - 250g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- puff pastry - 2 sheets
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, grated
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cubed mozzarella cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), sliced leeks (2) and broccoli florets (250g only) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides. You may need to process again with the assistance of your spatula.
- Add the remaining broccoli florets (250g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds, or until your desired texture is reached. Again, you may need the assistance of your spatula.
- Add the oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add the crème fraîche (250g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 2 until combined.
- Spoon half of the filling onto each of the puff pastry sheets (2), leaving a 3cm border around the edge to allow the pastry to puff up.
- Sprinkle half the grated cheese (100g total) over the top of each tart.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry and cheese are golden brown.
- Slice and serve immediately with chopped chives (1/2 bunch total) sprinkled over the top.
Make your own!
*Make your own puff pastry with the Rough Puff Pastry recipe from The Freezer Issue, the Puff Pastry recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Subscriber Bonus Issue.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites