Cheesy Herb Damper
What I love about damper is it is so easy to make AND it is super quick to whip up. There is no need to wait for the dough to rise then shape it then rise again. It is as simple as mixing a few ingredients, shaping and baking.Being a dense bread, the only tricky thing is making sure that it is cooked all the way through. Depending on your oven, it may take up to an hour. You will know if it is done when it sounds hollow upon knocking the bottom of the damper. - Peta
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 100g, tasty, cubed
- garlic cloves - 2
- fresh basil - Half a bunch
- fresh parsley - Half a bunch
- fresh chives - Half a bunch
- self raising flour - 470g
- milk - 220g, plus extra for glazing
- salt - 1 tsp, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add cheese (100g), garlic (2), basil (half a bunch), parsley (half a bunch) and chives (half a bunch) to bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 8 seconds.
- Add flour (470g), milk (220g) and salt (1 tsp) to bowl.
- Closed Lid / Kneading function / 20 seconds or until combined into a dough.
- Remove and shape into a round circle. If it is sticky just dust with a little flour to make it easier to work with. Use a silicone spatula to remove the dough from the bowl if needed.
- Place dough onto baking tray. Score the top of the damper to form wedges and brush with a little milk.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until cooked through.