Simple snacks like these don't need to come from a packet, and they don't need to have a tonne of ingredients. With only five simple ingredients, they are easy to create and delicious to eat. A welcome addition to a packed lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were delicious little crackers that were extra nice with the basil flavour." - Shannon
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes a lot!
Cannot be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 120g
- fresh basil - 10 leaves
- plain flour - 330g
- water - 120g, warm
- olive oil - 60g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the Parmesan cheese (120g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Pour half of the cheese into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the basil leaves (10), plain flour (330g), water (120g) and oil (60g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead with your hand to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Divide into two balls. Set one dough ball on the baking tray you will use.
- Roll the dough out into a large, very thin rectangle. The thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker will be.
- Sprinkle the set aside Parmesan cheese (60g) over the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter or spatula, cut the dough horizontally and vertically to make square or rectangle crackers.
- Repeat for second ball of dough on the other tray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. You may need to bake them for a little longer to cook the middle crackers. Remove the cooked ones from around the edges and let the middle crackers cook a few minutes extra if needed.
- Place onto a wire cooling rack before storing in an airtight container.