Cheesy Chicken Meatloaf and Steamed Veggies
This is the recipe that keeps giving! Enjoy it for dinner tonight and enjoy cold leftovers on a sandwich tomorrow.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Love an all-in-one recipe! This was a lovely change from the standard meatloaf. Chicken and bacon is a winning combination, and my family (including the kids) really enjoyed this dish." - Christina
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onions - 2, peeled and halved
- bacon - 200g, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 100g, roughly chopped
- cheese - 100g, tasty, cubed
- Parmesan cheese - 80g, cubed
- chicken mince - 500g
- Worcestershire sauce - 60g, (*ensure GF if required)
- tomato paste - 50g
- fresh parsley - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- pepper - 1 tsp, ground black
- egg - 1
- bread - 2, slices, broken up into pieces (*can use GF)
- water - 1L, hot
- carrots - 3, peeled and sliced thinly
- broccoli - 4-6, florets
- corn - frozen kernels, with frozen peas
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), halved onions (2), chopped bacon (200g), chopped zucchini (100g), cubed tasty cheese (100g) and cubed Parmesan cheese (80g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chicken mince (500g), Worcestershire sauce (60g), tomato paste (50g), chopped fresh parsley (3 Tbsp), pepper (1 tsp), egg (1) and bread pieces (2 slices) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 20 seconds, assisting with the spatula. If it is not well combined, continue mixing.
- Remove the chicken mix from the bowl and shape it into a log on a sheet of baking paper. Place the log and baking paper into the steaming attachment lower dish, setting it slightly to one side rather than in the centre.
- Fill the bowl with hot tap water (1L).
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 45 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add the sliced carrots (3) and broccoli florets (4-6) into the steaming attachment upper tray. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- With 6 minutes to go, carefully add the frozen corn and peas to the steaming attachment upper tray.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with the steamed vegetables.
Make your own!
* Make your own Worcestershire sauce with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue.