Cheesy Bean Dip
This is a family favourite party dip which has been recreated to better suit a child's palate. Not only is it tasty, but it also has a great texture and is full of good ingredients, especially when you use homemade taco seasoning. Of course, this can also make an excellent dip for adults - you may want to increase the taco seasoning for a stronger flavour.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The texture of this was excellent! Very filling and easy to eat, even my toddler went back for more." - Monique
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Serves 4 as a dip
Best served fresh, or kept in the fridge and reheated.
**You can eliminate extra preservatives and save money by making your own taco seasoning. Keep it in a jar to use by the spoonful when you need it. Listen up to Episode 7 of the podcast for more info.
- red kidney beans - 400g tin
- cheese - 100g, (block or grated)
- taco seasoning - 15g, ** (if serving to adults, you may wish to increase)
- tomatoes - 200g canned diced (1/2 tin), or Tomato Supreme
- Sit the simmering basket into the sink. Open the can of red kidney beans and pour them into the basket. Rinse them with running water. Leave them to drain in the sink.
- If using block cheese, add the cheese (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 2 seconds.
- Add drained beans to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second.
- Add taco seasoning (15g), tomatoes (200g) and cheese (if using pre-grated) to the bowl.
- Program 3 minutes / 70C / Reverse+Speed 2, or until 70C light has stopped flashing and cheese has melted. Serve with corn chips, rice crackers or chopped vegetables for a warm and filling afternoon snack.