Cheese & Silverbeet Quiche
Quiche is a classic easy meal. It often brings back childhood memories of being in my Grandma's kitchen. It can be an incredibly budget friendly dish, and it's extremely forgiving. You can add whatever fillings you like based on what is leftover in the fridge. This is a delicious vegetarian option that we think you will love. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This quiche is delicious especially teamed up with the Roast Capsicum Relish. This is great served hot for dinner or served cold for a quick lunch. Delicious.” – Steve
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 6 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- butter - 125g, cubed
- cream cheese - 250g
- plain flour - 220g
- salt - pinch
- onion - 1, peeled and sliced
- garlic cloves - 2, sliced
- olive oil - drizzle
- silverbeet - 1/2 bunch, finely sliced
- nutmeg - pinch
- salt - to season
- pepper - to season
- eggs - 6
- cream - 100g
- feta cheese - 50g
- Parmesan cheese - 100g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease the quiche tin.
- Add butter (125g), cream cheese (250g), flour (220g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Speed 6 until just combined.
- Tip out dough on to the bench and knead by hand into a smooth ball.
- Roll the dough into a circle, half a centimetre thick. Place into the base of the quiche tin, working the dough up the sides of the tin. Trim away theexcess. Prick the base with a fork several times. Bake for 15 minutes oruntil golden. This will shrink in size.
- Place onion (1) and garlic (2) into a large frying pan. Add a drizzle of oil andcook for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced silverbeet (1/2 bunch) to the pan, stirring to wilt the leaves.
- Add nutmeg (pinch) and season well with salt and pepper.
- Into the machine bowl, add eggs (6), cream (100g), feta (50g), Parmesan (100g) and spinach mix.
- Mix for Reverse+Speed 2 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into the quiche tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve with salad